Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Consolidating

I posted to my old Facebook page this morning that I'd be changing it over to reflect a page for this blog soon and although I had intended to wait until I got internet at home to do it, I'm impatient once I make up my mind, so I went out in search of wi-fi today.

The fanpage originally created for this blog (and the blog itself) was made from an alternate Facebook profile I made when I was having problems with a nosey and judgmental landlord, under the pen name (for lack of a better term), Rayven Moon. I no longer have to worry about her and keeping up with multiple profiles, plus pages, plus other social media and a blog, was proving to be too much for me. I do spend a lot of time on social media, but constantly having to set the same updates in multiple places was overwhelming. Eventually, I just stopped almost everything, including blogging.

Of course, I've come to accept the fact that I am a blogger at heart and that even if my posts just chronicle the randomness of my life, I'd rather be blogging than not, so it didn't take me long to figure out that I had spread myself too thin -- a bad habit of mine -- yet again.

So, I loaded the laptop in the car and found some wi-fi and set to work.

The fanpage that once belonged to my Phases of Me blog, and that was created from my actual Facebook profile, was still active. Since I do almost everything from my phone and am usually logged in to my main profile, I'd found myself sharing things to the Phases of Me fanpage. Logging out of one profile, logging into another, hunting the same information to share on the fanpage there then having to log out, log in again...well, I think anyone would agree it was just too much.

I wasn't able to change the URL for the fanpage (it still says Phases Of Me), but I was able to change everything else. The URL bothers me a bit -- I'm just OCD enough to want everything to match -- but I'm trying to live with it.

Fixing the Twitter link was a little more difficult (it doesn't tell you what you're doing wrong, only that there was a problem connecting), and it took me a while to figure out I had to unlink both Twitter profiles, then re-link the right one, but I think I finally got it right.

In the end, it was a productive day and now I'll be able to keep up with everything a little easier, I think.

Serious blogging, the type that requires research and linking, and blog-hopping will still be difficult, but at least I'll feel like I can post when I want to for now.

Hopefully, internet at home will happen by sometime next week at the latest and I'll be able to really get back in the swing of things.

Until then, I think this will do.

Merry Part,

Rayven