Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jumping In and Out

Everything keeps changing so fast that it's hard to keep up.

We moved last Friday and Friday night, Witchlet left to spend a week with her fiancee. She came home this past Friday night, only to moan about how much she missed him and going on and on about him wanting her to move in with him.

She left home, the first time, when she was 17 and only moved back in last December. After over 2 years, Draco and I had finally adjusted to being "empty-nesters", so having her come back home was a big adjustment for us. It's taken us most of the nearly 3 months she'd been here to adjust again.

Yesterday, she called him and had him come back after her and she left to move in with him. So, our little Witchlet has jumped on her broomstick and flown away again.

When we were looking for a place to move to a few weeks ago, she had tried to convince us to get something more expensive, based on her promise to help with bills when she found a job and we opted instead for something we knew we could pay ourselves. Now, I'm so glad we didn't let her talk us into anything.

This morning, I sat down with the bills and when Draco got up, we sat and talked about our new situation. We'd both been so stressed until this last week, and although Draco would never ask her to stay, I could see the worry starting to brew behind his eyes. I laid out our financial situation to him, which wasn't as bad as I think he feared, and offered him some options.

We finally settled on a course of action that we hope will get us where we want to be and I could almost watch the worry evaporating from his eyes. I have to admit that I loved being able to set his mind at ease for a change.

I will be reopening the business I started last summer so that I can work from home and try to help him. I will be spending part of this week going through the supplies I have here and converting what would have been Witchlet's room into a work room. In the process of this, I need to come up with some sort of inventory and bookkeeping system so that I know what I'm doing and I can save receipts for next year's taxes and be able to track my sales and expenses. I will also be setting up seperate financial records for the business.

Suffice it to say, I'm going to be a busy woman while I wait for taxes to come since I'm going to need to make a small investment to get running again.

So, that's what's going on in our neck of the woods right now. What changes are 2013 bringing your way?

Love and light,

Rayven